Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Someone Worth My Time

          We've all heard it. "Love at First Sight". It is one of the most beautiful things Romantics understand, but also the rarest; maybe even unrealistic. Everyone dreams of love. Some with another person, some with solitude, and some with beauty they find. As a Christian, love at first sight is not really believed in. Taking the time to know a person is something more valued than love at first sight. But many people feel this at some point in their life. A girl is shopping at the mall with her friends and she catches the eye of a man coming out of the sports store. A guy is playing football in the park with his buddies and a beautiful woman walks by with her dog.
          Or in my case; goes bowling with two friends. One has been my best bud for years, the other a girl who I have met on and off several times through the years. It wasn't love at first sight for me. I had dated a while before and immediately came up with the conclusion that dating in high school is pointless. So I never really thought about her. Since we are high schoolers and had fun, we got each others' numbers. After weeks of talking to her, I realized just how amazing she was. Beautiful, smart, kind, full of faith in God, and more mature than any high school girls I could find. She was perfect. Talking to her and being with her were wonderful times. I could be myself and not close up. She is worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment