Friday, May 22, 2015

Perks of Being a Wallflower

Well……. I had high expectations for this movie (mostly because of Emma Watson and she is bae) and it fell short. I did not know much about it, but I thought it would be a chick flick of romance and some adventure. It had that, but everything in between was crazy. A gay best friend whose relationship goes awry, an aunt who was killed in a car crash after she had sexually abused the main character as a young boy which causes him to have fits of rage, and the multiple sexual innuendos and sexual scenes. I’m not totally dissing it because as a guy who is wired to physical attraction like every other guy in the world, I was honestly intrigued. But it’s not a good movie to watch with your girlfriend. I spent more time looking down than I did watching the movie.

It might have been a good movie if I did not already set some expectations for it. I wanted romance, not sex and drugs every scene. It was sickening. They talked about love in the movie, but love is not making out on your parents couch with your clothes half off, it’s about wanting the best for the other person and showing them that by caring for them and treating them how they should be treated. The main character showed a hint of that when he said, “I just want you to be happy” to Emma Watson when she asked why he did not ask her out in the first place. I was not a big fan of the movie. It needed work and took things in a wrong direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment