Thursday, April 2, 2015

College Visit #1

Last week Thursday was the day my friend Colin and I went to visit Dordt College. It was quite an experience. To get to Dordt in Iowa, we had to fly. Having never flown before, I was somewhat anxious. To top that off, we flew from O'Hare by ourselves. No parents were with us. It was awful. We were sent all over the place and were given instructions by people who had such bad accents that we could not understand them. After calling my dad several times and multiple trips back and forth, we finally got on the airplane. It was amazing. I enjoyed every part about the flight except that my ears kept popping. I took so many pictures that I could make a map of my trip.

We landed in Sioux City where we met Dordt freshman, Sam Boman who drove us to the college. We walked up to Admissions were met by our high school friend Morgan. She showed us our rooms and took us to the Recreation Center. It was a party. Bouncy houses, untold amounts of food, ticket prizes, and knock out games. I had fun and won a box of 30 chocolate bars. But after a while, we went to our rooms and prepared for the next day's events.

Friday and Saturday were spent getting acquainted with Dordt, going on tours of the campus and talking to the professors. I felt right at home. Every one was so welcoming and included me in their everyday activities. Campus golf, Call of Duty and Halo, The Walking Dead, basketball games, and late night doughnut runs at the local bakery. My roommates were two great christian people. They did a great job representing Christ in what they did and said.

 Sunday was spent with my sister Danielle. We went to her church in the morning and then she made us lunch. She is a great cook and the fish patties were delicious. I was very tired that day because of the sleep I was not getting, so I fell asleep on her couch.

Monday we packed up and went back to the airport. It was much easier this time since we were heading to O'Hare and not from it. My dad picked us up and that was our trip to Dordt. I loved it there and the campus life is very suited to my style. As of right now, I will be going to Dordt. It will be hard for other colleges to attract my attention like Dordt did.

No comments:

Post a Comment