Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Expectations Against Me

As a pastor's kid (pk) I have many expectations put on me. Expectations to be good and to know the Bible better than the other kid. Not many people would want to be expected to be better than everyone else. They want to live normal lives that revolve around the things they care about and not what people want them to be. Growing up in a christian school, this was quite prominent. If I got in trouble I would hear my classmates whispering to each other (Oh the pk's in trouble!) (He is supposed to be the good kid). I hated that kind of stuff and wanted to prove that I was just like them. So I became kind of a rebel. I would talk and be annoying, did not focus on the task at hand, and I didn't really care about the Bible or God. I wanted to be myself and not live inside the borders put up around me. It is my life to live, even though God gave me this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment